Super Street Fighter II Turbo Help

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
dumbguy

Super Street Fighter II Turbo Help

Post by dumbguy » November 9th, 2009, 7:42 pm

Well, I have the latest version, and haven't used MAME in a year so I forgot somethings. On to the topic, I have downloaded SSF2T from a crap load of sites. I always get the missing rom files error. I have tired other versions of the game(Asia, World, USA) and none of them seem to work. Please, if you can, do help.

-Thanks
-dumbguy

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Super Street Fighter II Turbo Help

Post by Nostalgia » November 9th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Welcome to mameaddicts :V:

Download 'Mame32 Plus Plus v0.119 (10.9Mb)' from http://kaillera.com/download.php, then go to romnation.net for roms.

It was fine using the latest versions of mame when romkeeper was still up as that site was very well organised with what games would and wouldn't work with these latest versions, but the site is down at the moment and will probably never be back to be honest.

The version of mame that i linked you to does online play as well by the way :smile:

Oh and in case you've forgotten, you simply put the downloaded roms into the roms folder, open up mame, and audit. Don't mess around with the rom files, no unzipping or anything, just copy and paste the file you download straight into the roms folder.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » November 10th, 2009, 3:16 am

G'day :hello:

Yup, the Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (World 930911) 34.07 mb download at romnation contains all the variants of SFII, including Turbo, and it's compatible with the MAME 0.119 that Nostalgia linked you to.

:V:

Skyppno7
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: Samurai Showdown 1

Post by Skyppno7 » November 10th, 2009, 5:28 am

Yeah, the main problem here is that you don't know what Clones are.

Clones are changes to the primary ROM of the game that represent changes in the game. Instead of having an English and Japanese version of every game, they simply make a clone that has English or whatever language added to it.

So here's a history lesson:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo was just a small update to Super Street Fighter II. It wasn't a whole new arcade board, it was a ROM change. So you are probably downloading the CLONE for SSF2T without having the original SSF2. Get both.

Simple version:

Download Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Download Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Keep them in the same area and it should work itself out.

If you wanted to play Street Fighter II Turbo you would have to do a similar thing by downloading Championship Edition and using a CLONE for Turbo.
"Its your reliable source of information. 50,000 unstoppable watts"

dumbguy

Post by dumbguy » November 10th, 2009, 7:44 am

Thank you guys very much, it worked!

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » November 10th, 2009, 6:25 pm

No problemo, enjoy :hello:

Shrubberoo

Post by Shrubberoo » December 6th, 2010, 5:25 am

I have a question regarding both roms for 'Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers' and 'Super Street Fighter II Turbo'.

Both of those roms (and respective clones) typically run fine on various MAME emulators I have had over the years - but aside from the emulated Sega Dreamcast version (running on nullDC v1.06) - and the Super Nintendo/Sega MegaDrive versions -- there never seems to be any intro music playing or audio from where Ryu unleashes his Hadukens to the screen!

I am curious to find out if there is some sort of sound attachment/plug-in that needs to be downloaded for MAME32 in order for the audio and music to work - or if this is just normal for the way both roms run on MAME.

In a related instance, one of the roms I have of Capcom's 'Alien VS Predator' DOES have the intro music/sound (just before you press '5' for credits, before you play); but other roms of it on MAME don't.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 6th, 2010, 6:25 am

That kinda stuff is in the service menu of each game. Press F2 in-game and look for a demo sound option.