ROM World Download Error

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

ROM World Download Error

Post by Hierophant » November 8th, 2010, 4:05 am

Since I haven't been able to download any files from rom-world for quite some time now, I removed their reference from the MAME FAQs for the time being. This is unfortunate, as rom-world hosts a SFIII 3rd Strike (Japan NO CD) file that is compatible with MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 for online play.

Romnation still remains the first port of call for 0.119 games. Some games from romnation won't run in 0.119 though (eg. SFIII3S Japan NO CD), so see MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 Compatibility Issues for further info and help.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: ROM World Download Error

Post by Incito » November 8th, 2010, 11:29 am

That is sad. RIP rom-world. :crying:

I will remove that link on the FAQs site too.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 8th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Oh no, sorry, it's not RIP rom-world yet. I mean, the site is still there, just haven't been able to download anything from there for a some weeks now. Nos tried rom-world for me recently as well and got the same result. I just tried again while writing this and still nothing.

I dunno what's going on with them but I'm curious if anyone else has more info, even if it's the same thing, ie. downloading not happening.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » November 8th, 2010, 10:55 pm

I'm optimistic that they'll be back in business soon. I first noticed this problem with romworld about 3 months ago and it's been on and off ever since.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » November 9th, 2010, 10:18 am

Chris wrote:That is sad. RIP rom-world. :crying:
THE MEMORY WILL NEVER DIE CHRIS !!!

Mydriasis
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Post by Mydriasis » November 9th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Yeah i've noticed the same thing about Rom world. there were times when i thought i found a compatible rom and boom! can't download :ohmy:.

I'm using Mame32++.119 and i did find a version of SFIII 3rd Strike (Japan NO CD) that works.
so if you need the rom just hit me up in an email and i'll send it to ya in my reply.
Mess with the best... Die like the rest! =P (from the movie Hackers)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 10th, 2010, 5:01 am

Good stuff, Mydriasis! For the sake of convenience, it's OK to mention the name of the rom site on the forums, just don't link it. If it was from a file sharing site though, then nevermind, PM is best for that.

I've still got my rom-world copy of SFIII3S, so I can also privately share that with anyone who needs it.

Hopefully, rom-world will sort out their server issues eventually. :wacko:

Mydriasis
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Post by Mydriasis » November 10th, 2010, 5:45 pm

since i'm so new to this stuff i couldn't remember the name of the website at first lol. so i just figured an email would work too. but i did look into it and i got the rom from Coolrom. i actually have Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan, 990512, NO CD) and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan, 990608, NO CD) from there. they both work on Mame32++.119 and don't require the .CHD file. i beleive the 990512 file is the parent rom. i just got both because if i ever get around to going online with it i wanted to make sure i had the right version.
Mess with the best... Die like the rest! =P (from the movie Hackers)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Ah... good ol' Coolrom, eh. Nice one! I'll add the info to the 119 Compatibility thread. Thanks mate!

:V:

The right one to have is the one that everyone else already uses on Kaillera, which is Japan NO CD 990512.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 25th, 2010, 2:26 am

OK, I've managed to successfully download from rom-world a few times in the past week so it seems like they're back to normal. :smile:

:closed: