I want my very own mame cabinet

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
King_6

I want my very own mame cabinet

Post by King_6 » October 6th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Hi everyone I am new to this site and it seems like a pretty cool place for mame talk. Does anyone think they can help me out with a custom mame cabinet. I purchased a computer for it, learned how to boot up the mame automatically, and even made designs for it. The problem is finding a cabinet for it! I am 15 and live in the US, my mom said she will help me out with 100 bucks. Does anyone here have a ragged cab they aren't using anymore, or knows someone will will seel me one + shipping for 100-150 bucks thanks.

suits00
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: STREETFIGHTER

Re: I want my very own mame cabinet

Post by suits00 » October 6th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Hello King_6, welcome to the forums. You probably dont want a ragged cab, because then you would have to do more work to it to make it look decent. You are better of buy would from a Home Depot or something like that, and having them cut it in the store. You can have a sit down cab, 2 pieces of MDF ($20 for a 8ftX4ft piece) should be more than enough for a sit down or a slim up right. If you really don't want to build one, I have to ask where do you live?

King_6

Post by King_6 » October 7th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I live in Detroit Michigan. I really didn't want to build from the ground up because all of the cutting, measuring, and the placement of the wood is just too much.

Maxrage
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: KILLERINSTINCT

Post by Maxrage » October 7th, 2008, 8:18 pm

hey bud welcome to the forums youre best bet is probly craigslist.com there are always cabs for sale there heck i know a place where ya can get working full size cabs for 250 to 350$ so save youre money for a few weeks or check craigslist ill do the same for ya if i find anything ill be sure to send it yur way

King_6

Post by King_6 » October 8th, 2008, 9:30 am

Wow craigslist is a good website and I found 2 perfect cabinets 1 for 75 and the other for 50 and its in my own state! Hope they contact me back

Maxrage
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: KILLERINSTINCT

Post by Maxrage » October 8th, 2008, 9:02 pm

NICE good luck dude
:D