Board index MAME Help MAME Cheats Help Desk

MAME Cheats Help Desk

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Post August 29th, 2010, 12:20 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Not all MAME cheats are as obvious as simply turning them from off to on, so we're here to try and help with any particular cheat problems.

For instructions on setting up MAME cheats, watch my video tutorial How to Use MAME Cheats, or read my MAMEFAQs, Q13. If you're still stuck then ask here.

Cheers
Hiero :hello:

Post August 29th, 2010, 12:25 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Enable Omega Rugal in KOF98

Enabling O. Rugal can seem confusing at first because of the second entry in the KOF98 Cheat menu, shown below:

Despite what the Cheat Comment says, I've never gotten O. Rugal enabled this way.

There's still an easy way to do it though. Down in the Player 1 section of the Cheat menu there is an option called 'Use Alternate Version Character PL1 (A)'. Switch it to 'On'.

Now, if you start a game and select Rugal as your first character he will be changed to O. Rugal.

Image Image
Before selection and after selection. You can see that Rugal's portrait changes to O. Rugal.

Image Image
Yep, that's O. Rugal alright. :smile:

Another interesting idea would be to set all three 'Select Character PL1 (A, B, C)' options to Rugal Bernstein and set all three 'Use Alternate Version Character PL1 (A, B, C)' options to 'On'.

This way you will start the game with an unstoppable team of three crazy O. Rugals! :ohmy:

Image Image

Thanks to Elias for helping me figure this one out. :V:

Post August 29th, 2010, 5:26 am
eliaskeme User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Well it was about time for me to find something. But there's something I discovered: if you lose with the 1st Rugal you'll see that the next ones have 1/3 of the total lifebar. Still, the enemies will beg for mercy !!! By the way I found a way on how to play with Legion Of Doom in WWF Wrestlefest, I am gonna post it very soon :V:
"Five enemies, five bounties !!" ~ Gondar the Bounty Hunter

Post August 29th, 2010, 5:36 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yeah, I noticed that, too. But like you say, even with the depleted energy on the other two, just one Omega Rugal is usually more than the opponents can handle!

:ouch:

eliaskeme User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Play with Legion Of Doom in WWF Wrestlefest

In WWF Wrestlefest you can select all the wrestlers you find in the game except Animal and Hawk, the members of the Legion Of Doom. However you can get them if you have the MAME Cheats :hooray:
First of all when you start the game go to the cheats and select Hawk and Animal (or vice versa) in "Select 1st Character" and "Select 2nd Character" if you are about to go to tag team matches or just one of them if you are going to Royal Rumble:

Then select any character you wish, you'll see that there's no problem:
Image Image

But when the match is about to begin, there's gonna be a huge change in the characters:
Image Image

Here is a video I made with the guy we made the original WWF Wrestlefest gameplay video controlling the LOD:

By the way Hiero in Tekken Tag Tournament I saw a cheat that says that it can be permanent, can this really happen ??

Post August 29th, 2010, 6:26 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

:goodpost:

Thanks again for helping out, elias! OK, now for Tekken Tag...

Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Tekken Tag Tournament: Make Time-Released Options Permanent

This one can also seem tricky at first, but it's easy once you know how. Take note of the steps given in the Cheat Comment shown below and follow them exactly:

So, as it says, before opening the game, manually delete the tektagt nvram file first, (although, if you haven't ever launched the game yet there will be no nvram to delete). Either way, start the game and pause it on the initial screen as fast as possible then enable the cheat:

Un-pause and wait until after this next screen and the cheat will be saved:

Now every time you start the game, instead of two rows of hidden characters like this...

...you'll always have the complete roster! :woot:

If it doesn't save just repeat all the steps again while trying to quickly pause the initial screen.

eliaskeme User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

:ty: I did that and it works fine !!!!

Post August 30th, 2010, 3:54 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cool! :hello:

Hey elias, I dunno what your PC specs are but they must be OK to make Tekken Tag worth playing in MAME. When I check the gameplay performance with F11 on mine it's averaging about 70% which makes it a pointless game for me to have (apart from checking that cheat for you). Can you tell me roughly what your performance counter is averaging during Tekken Tag gameplay?

Post August 30th, 2010, 5:51 am
eliaskeme User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I suppose the 85%-86% is very good and the gameplay isn't as slow as it is at Tekken3 or Mace. And it's the only Tekken that doesn't say "The video emulation isn't 100% accurate" which made it my favourite one.

Next

Return to MAME Help