Old Thread - How to install MAME

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
ravstar13

Re: How to Install MAME

Post by ravstar13 » January 19th, 2011, 2:14 pm

awsome

legendarybeaner

Post by legendarybeaner » February 28th, 2011, 6:14 pm

does anybody know how to play a diffrent game on mame cause im new at this

BamaBuddy

Post by BamaBuddy » May 5th, 2011, 8:27 pm

I have downloaded MAME yesterday. I found a site to download ROM's at http://+++++++++.net - but I am a little confused. Will the ROM automatically download into the MAME file? I don't want to download ROMS and then have them be seperate on my computer - I want them all together with my MAME file. I am new to MAME and it just seems confusing to me. I'm sure once I get the hang of it it will be much easier.

Also, how do I get my MAME to be on my desktop? I don't want to have to press my Start button and have to search for the file every time I use it. I'm not very computer savvy and could use some pointers. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :smile:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » May 6th, 2011, 10:36 pm

BamaBuddy wrote:I have downloaded MAME yesterday. I found a site to download ROM's at http://+++++++++.net - but I am a little confused. Will the ROM automatically download into the MAME file? I don't want to download ROMS and then have them be seperate on my computer - I want them all together with my MAME file. I am new to MAME and it just seems confusing to me. I'm sure once I get the hang of it it will be much easier.

Also, how do I get my MAME to be on my desktop? I don't want to have to press my Start button and have to search for the file every time I use it. I'm not very computer savvy and could use some pointers. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :smile:
First, no rom links .... :shame:
Now to your questions. Depending on your web browser, you will have to go to the options and change the default download location to the roms folder. So if oyu have mame on your C: drive, then it would be c:\mame\roms. Make sure you change it back or no mame downloads will end up there.

Find the .exe file inside you mame folder and right click, then select send to desktop. This will create your shortcut.

challenger
Favorite Game: TEKKEN TAG TOURN

Post by challenger » May 7th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Has anyone used the MAME4ALL on the GP2X WIZ system at all?

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » May 7th, 2011, 7:10 pm

I had a wiz a couple years ago. The mame version that it was compatible with was so outdated that I returned the product. That's about all the experience I have had with it. What did you want to know???
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » May 8th, 2011, 4:53 am

Thulsa wrote:I had a wiz a couple years ago.
I have a whiz several times a day. :wink:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » May 8th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Hierophant wrote:
Thulsa wrote:I had a wiz a couple years ago.
I have a whiz several times a day. :wink:
:rofl: :hehe: :rofl: :hehe: :sillypost: